Sunday, November 1, 2009

Retailing.

We were asked to wright a blog about an experience we had visiting a retail store. Now, in my mind, a retail store had always been a store that just sells clothes or shoes but as I continued to read through chapter 13 I learned theres more to the word "retail." For example, a convenience store is classified as part of retail in this chapter. So the other day I went to the Rite Aid around my neighborhood to buy something & as I was walking around the store to find what I was looking for, I noticed how Rite Aid had created a whole other aisle called "99 cent aisle." I stood there wondering to myself "what the hell is 99 cent aisle?" As i'm walking down the aisle I noticed- baked goods, pasta, fruits, rice, and even bread. It was surprising to see those things being sold at a Rite Aid. It sort of felt as if I was at a supermarket rather then a convenience store. Generally speaking I always knew they sold cereal, cookies, chips, ice cream, beverages, beauty products, school supplies & even halloween costumes but food food? Nope! Never seen it. Just goes to show how now a days a convenience store isn't how it used to be. Its more of a one stop place where you can pretty much buy everything at any time of the night- 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment